Hi Anne.
All of our collection circulates, except for the
catalogue raisonnes and oversized (which do circulate within CBB, but not ILL).
I suspect we do little recalling, except for
reserves books which typically are not the above types of materials.
But, I would agree this will not solve your space
problem. Doesn't Bowdoin have a storage facility?

Margaret Ericson