I am forwarding this message from Mary Shepard for those interested in stained glass.

Lois Crane, Librarian, Wichita Art Museum

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Mary Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sep 4, 2008 1:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Vidimus British Online Magazine for Medieval and Early Modern Stained Glass

I'm writing in my role as the US correspondent for Vidimus, the British online magazine for medieval and early modern stained glass, as well as the Secretary of the American Committee of the Corpus Vitrearum -- the international organization dedicated to the study and preservation of stained-glass windows, to acquaint US art libraries with Vidimus. This online magazine is a project of the British Committee of the Corpus Vitrearum, but its focus goes well beyond the British Isles. Books, exhibitions, museum installations, conferences dealing with stained glass dating before 1700 (wherever it is found) is a significant part of its mandate. A monthly publication (with an easily accessed archive), Vidimus contains lively feature and news articles accompanied by excellent photographs -- making it a tremendously valuable resource on the art of stained glass for scholar and enthusiast alike. The magazine takes its name from the Latin term vidimus (‘we have seen’), which was the approved design for a window.