Here is some information about the Ohio Valley Chapter’s fall conference.  The registration form is available on our website:  http://www.ov-arlis.org/index.php

Please return payment and registration form by October17th to Maggie Castellani, Ingalls Library, Cleveland Museum of Art, 11150 East Blvd., Cleveland, OH 44106

We’d love to have you join us in Louisville!

Meg Shaw

SAVE THE DATE OCTOBER 30-31 - annual ov-arlis meeting

The fall meeting for ARLIS/OV will take place Thursday, October 30, through Friday October 31 in Louisville, Kentucky.  We will meet for dinner in downtown Louisville  on Thursday evening  and then walk over to 21c, the cutting-edge contemporary art museum housed in a unique hotel.  Check out the web site for the hotel, www.21chotel.com,  and for the museum www.21chotel.org/museum  for a glimpse of the delights within.  Our visit will include a look at the bathrooms which are among the 10 finalists in America’s Best Bathroom Contest, the seventh sponsored by Cincinnati-based Cintas Corp.

On Friday, we will meet at the University of Louisville for a continental breakfast.  The morning  presentations will include a talk on public art in Louisville including the public art committee's work with a consulting firm on the first comprehensive public art plan for city,  a session on the  ARLIS Artist Files project, a tour of the Robotic Retrieval System at Ekstrom Library, and a demonstration of exhibits and other features in Second Life.  Lunch will be in the Speed Museum’s Sculpture Court.  For more information on the museum, see speedmuseum.org/

Following lunch will be a gallery talk by curator Scott Erbes about the exhibit Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness: Art and the American Experience, 1660-1893, from the Yale University Art Gallery.  See speedmuseum.org/future_exhibitions.html for information about the almost 200 paintings, drawings, prints, photographs, furniture, silver, and ceramics in the exhibit.

The business meeting will be held at the museum with time afterwards to visit the galleries before the museum closes at 4:00 pm.  We will be sending information about hotels and registration forms to chapter members in early September.  For more information, contact Meg Shaw at [log in to unmask] This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it , or Gail Gilbert, at  [log in to unmask] This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Meg Shaw
Art & Theater Librarian
Lucille Little Fine Arts Library
University of Kentucky