Hi,

Thanks to all who wrote back with library programming suggestions.  I have put together the following 3 groups of programs - all happening each month.

Book Club
At least one meeting a month to discuss selected book - book choices and meeting dates listed in Arts Quarterly, and in the museum's "e-news".  The museum shop will buy books and offer book club members a  discount, and will have a shelf in the book section of "NOMA Book Club Reads"  Whenever it is possible one of the curators will do a special program in the library relating to the topic of the book.  Our first meeting is in October

Meet the Authors
Work with NOMA's gift shop to have joint signings (in the gift shop) and "Meet the Author" events (in the library).  First one kicks off on September 20th.

New and Notable Friday Afternoon Tea
Once a month have afternoon tea (real tea pots, cups etc) in the library, and feature new and notable books, plus the  curator, staff member who selected the book "book talk" it.  Staff are invited to this as well - I think I will have to recruit bakers for this one and perhaps a volunteer to keep up with all the tea cups!

Once again, thanks for your suggestions!

Sheila A. Cork

Sheila A. Cork
Librarian
New Orleans Museum of Art