For those of you interesting in the junction of social tagging and controlled vocabularies, this email exchange appeared on the metadatalibrarians list. I wasn't following the DC Social Tagging group but it sure looks like their wiki has some interesting stuff.

Sherman Clarke
New York University Libraries

---------------------------

>From   Sarah Currier <[log in to unmask]>
Sent  Thursday, September 25, 2008 8:44 am
To  A listserv for Metadata Librarians <[log in to unmask]>
Subject  Re: [Metadatalibrarians] folksonomy authorities?
Hi Karen,

See the EnTag project in the UK:
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/projects/enhanced-tagging/

Also, there are some interesting projects that have been presented at
the past few Dublin Core Conferences (including two presented today- I'm
at the Conference in Berlin!- check both the papers and the posters from
this conference: http://dc2008.de/  )- also check out the DC Social
Tagging Community http://dublincore.org/groups/social-tagging/ and
follow the link there to their wiki.  It might be best to join their
email list and ask your question there.

Good luck!  It's an interesting area and there is a growing variety of
work happening from a library perspective.

Sarah

--

Sarah Currier
Moderator, Dublin Core Education Community

Product Manager, Intrallect Ltd.
http://www.intrallect.com

2nd Floor, Regent House
Blackness Road
Linlithgow
EH49 7HU
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 870 234 3933
Mob: +44 (0)7980855801
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
--

P *Please consider the environment before printing this email.*