**

Dear Colleagues, The 2008 Committee welcomes your nominations for the
Distinguished Service Award.

We wish to celebrate an individual who has given the highest level of service to
ARLIS/NA or the profession with the Distinguished Service Award.  We ask that you
begin to consider who might be worthy of the award and able to meet the criteria
as described on the ARLIS/NA website:

http://www.arlisna.org/about/awards/dsa/dsa_guidelines.html. The
Distinguished Service Award honors an individual of any country whose
exemplary service in art librarianship, visual resources curatorship, or
a related field, has made an outstanding national or international
contribution to art information and/or art librarianship. Past winners
of the DSA award are: 2007, presented 2008: Susan Craig 2006, no award
made 2005, presented 2006: Sherman Clarke 2004, presented 2005: Nancy S.
Schuller 2003, presented 2004: Angela Giral 2002, presented 2003: Nancy
Allen 2001, presented 2002: Betty Jo Kish Irvine 2000: no award made
1999, presented 2000: Pamela J. Parry 1998, presented 1999: Toni
Petersen 1997, presented 1998: William Dane 1996, presented 1997: Lois
Swan Jones 1995: no award made 1994, presented 1995: Mary Williamson
1993: no award made 1992, presented 1993: Luraine Tansey 1991, presented
1992: William B. Walker 1990, presented 1991: Jacqueline Viaux 1989,
presented 1990: Wolfgang M. Freitag 1988, presented 1989: Caroline
Backlund 1987: Antje B. Lemke 1986: Bernard Karpel Help us to honor a
colleague who has given so much of themselves to our voluntary
organization by nominating them for this important award. The deadline
for nominations this year is Wednesday, January 9, 2008. Please see the
website for guidelines on the nominating process. Sincerely, The 2008
Distinguished Service Award Committee: Amanda Bowen, Chair Suzanne
Degler Paula Epstein Liz Ginno Barbara Reed

--
Amanda Bowen