We are a small (under 3,000 fte) campus of the University of South Carolina system. Our art department is proposing a new B.A. in Art/Design (previously there has just been a B.A. in Fine Arts) and I am attempting to do some collection evaluation for their proposal.

If you have done a similar type of evaluation I would be interested in hearing what measurements you have used. Similarly, if you are aware of research articles that discuss this topic I would appreciate the citations. I have done some initial searching in the literature but have not turned up much.

We have recently subscribed to Bowker’s Book Analysis System and RCLWeb. We ran an initial analysis and found that our percentage of titles held was low for the fine arts.

Please respond off-list and I will be happy to summarize if others are interested in the responses received.

Many thanks for your consideration.

Natalia T. Poppeliers, M.L.S., M.A.

Library Collections Coordinator

Gregg-Graniteville Library