Our new librarian at Tellus - Northwest Georgia Science Museum has asked the following question.  I will forward on to her your responses.

Hey Liz!
Guess what… I have email now! Yay! Still no desk or voice mail but we’re working on it.
I have a question for you. Julian asked me to do a list of pros and cons regarding changing our library over to LC or leaving it as is and continuing on with Dewey. Would this be an appropriate question to put out on ARLIS? I would love to know some other librarians’ opinions since I am still getting familiar with LC. I plan to do a search on the web to see what I come up with, and I would value your opinion as well. The price for the Sears Subject Heading catalog (Dewey) and the two main LC classification manuals are about the same ($100.), so it’s more of a time/organization question. Thanks for all your help and any suggestions you have.

Jennifer C.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Liz Gentry, Librarian
Booth Western Art Museum