Hi,

I wonder if you can help me.  I am hoping to automate our library's collection in the next year.  I hope to put in an integrated library system - circulation, cataloguing, acquisitions, serials.

Do you have systems that you have loved using, or hated using for that matter.  Any suggestions and ideas will be welcome.

Additionally, I hope to be able to simultaneously search our objects database, and pull up records of books and objects when a subject or artist is typed in.

Do any of you have vendors that have been able to provide this?  Was this easy to accomplish?  Does it work effectively?  Was it very expensive?

Please reply to my mailbox rather than the whole list.

Sheila

Sheila A. Cork
Librarian
New Orleans Museum of Art