Does anyone know if the new Hollstein print corpora are true supersedes of
the older ones?  I'd like to consolidate editions at my library and am not
sure if the old ones worth keeping on site.  GLAH2 doesn't address this
(that I could see).

What I understand is:

The new Hollstein: German engravings, etchings and woodcuts, 1400-1700,
1996,  supersedes (as far as they gotten) German engravings, etchings, and
woodcuts, ca. 1400-1700, 1954,

and

The New Hollstein Dutch & Flemish etchings, engravings and woodcuts,
1450-1700, 1993, supersedes Dutch and Flemish etchings, engravings, and
woodcuts, ca. 1450-1700, 1949.

As always, thanks to my colleagues,

Lee Sorensen
Duke University