Fwd: ALA FIL
Fellow ARLIS/NA Colleagues,

The Texas-Mexico chapter will be holding its annual meeting in conjunction with the 22nd Guadalajara International Book Fair/22 Feria Internacional del Libro de Guadalajara (FIL) this coming late November/early December. The chapter is able to meet outside the U.S. under the auspices of the Free Pass Program sponsored by the American Library Association.

Because ARLIS/NA members outside the chapter may be interested in the FIL as well as our chapter itinerary, please find more details on our chapter Web site: http://www.arlis-txmx.org/annualmeeting

Per the message below, the application deadline for the Free Pass Program is TOMORROW, August 15 (applications may be submitted by fax).

Thanks for your interest in the FIL and our chapter,

Mark Pompelia
Past-president, ARLIS/NA Texas-Mexico
Rice University

August 13, 2008

Dear Librarians,

This is a final reminder that August 15th is the deadline for those of you who haven't submitted your ALA FIL Free Pass application for 2009. We have had an enormous response this year and we are quickly reaching the maximum number of librarians that we will be able to support. Please be sure that you are presently an ALA member and that you are involved in Latin American collection development.
Please note: if you have already applied, your application is being processed. You need not re-apply or contact us at this time. Please give us until September 7th to process all applications.

Please excuse the impersonal nature of this missive.
Saludos cordiales.

David Unger, U.S. Rep
Guadalajara Intl. Book Fair
Division of Humanities NAC 5225
City College of New York
New York, NY 10031
Tel: (212) 650-7925
Fax: (212) 650-7912
www.fil.com.mx
Exhibition Manager: Veronica Mendoza at [log in to unmask]
Rights Center: Pablo de la Vega at [log in to unmask]