Hello,

I’ve been asked by my director to review the statistics our library keeps in comparison to what other institutions currently track.  We are reviewing the current set ARL statistics but since we are an art library, I am particularly interested in what statistics other special libraries, or special collections keep.  I am also interested in how other institutions track usage counts.  With changing technology we find increasingly that folks use us as a venue to work, which we’ve begun to track with a door count.  We are also considering delineating between types of reference questions.  We are considering tracking “informational questions” vs. questions that require more in depth analysis and work by the reference librarian.  If anyone else does this and would care to share their criteria for delineated between the two I would be most appreciative.  As I am not a member of the list, please respond to me directly at the following address.

Thanks very much for your assistance,

Lori Ann Thorrat

Associate Librarian for Technical Services

Ingalls Library

The Cleveland Museum of Art

216.707.2557

216.421.0921 fax