The deadline for Program Proposals for the 2009 ARLIS/NA conference in Indianapolis is June 15th, 2008.  Think about both what you would like to see offered and what you would like to share with your colleagues.

The Proposal form can be found at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Tlp4ODgxbWo_2fx_2f2Lco3Cfg_3d_3d

There were many wonderful suggestions for program content for next year offered in Denver Conference Evaluations.  Now we need you to take your suggestions and turn them into something concrete.

Among the 200+ suggestions were:

More on Web 2.0 and how to use it effectively.

Scholarly publishing, Open Archives, Orphan Works, and the copyright dilemma

More creative approaches to keeping Bibliographic instruction and user training up to date

Collection Management, Offsite storage, Weeding, the future of Reference collections, Shared Collection Development

How Art Reference is changing

More on changes in career development, administration, leadership, public speaking, More on the user generation gap

More specifically on Museum libraries and VRCs, including donor relations, staff motivation, patron outreach, merging, making collections more accessible

More on visual pedagogy, visual literacy, new disciplines and programs in the arts and how to support them

Big national projects and commercial services and how they affect us all

More on what’s happening internationally

“going green”

Much, much more technology. Who is doing the “hot” stuff  and how can we start to use it?

More on the future of our profession and our relationship with other organizations

More on social tagging, STEVE, other means of subject access

How can small libraries keep up?

More on Architecture.

More on Artists Books

Mid-Career Issues

Supporting Multi-disciplinary programs and users

More outside experts talking about what is happening in the larger world

What do we need to know as Art Information Professionals in the year 2010

So take a few minutes to be visionary, creative, insightful, and/or concerned. Contact a few colleagues, post a message on the list, formulate an idea or two. Then fill out the proposal form

and send it in. Even if you just have a great idea for a session, workshop, or Poster topic, send it in.  We can take individual ideas and bring them together.  And don’t be afraid to suggest a different format.  People are calling for more variety in the ways we present and share information.

Also, if you heard a really great speaker presenting on a relevant topic at another conference this year, one most ARLIS/NA members don’t attend, let us know.

Help us make ARLIS/NA 37 in Indianapolis a conference that will be challenging and meaningful.  We can’t do it without you!

Eileen Fry and Tony White

2009 Programming Co-Chairs