She might try, in Philadelphia, the Urban Archives at Temple University.
http://library.temple.edu/collections/urbana/

That repository hosts a massive photojournalism collection, particularly
rich in the 1940s - 1970s, indexed by topic and by year.

If she looks under "Murders" or "Accidents - Auto" for images, I imagine
there will be a number of body bag images.  If she has the time, simply
plowing through the negatives by year is also a good method, looking for
captions that indicate a fatality.

When I worked there, one researcher systematically examined every crime,
parade, fire, and public event photograph just looking for the police
cars/vans/boats that might have appeared on the scene.

Evan

Evan B. Towle
Visual and Digital Resources Librarian
Philadelphia Museum of Art