*Posting on behalf of VRA.
*

Second Call for Proposals, VRA Toronto 2009*

The Visual Resources Association’s 27th Annual Conference will be held
in Toronto, Canada Wednesday March 18^th through noon Sunday March 22nd,
2009 at the Sheraton Centre Toronto http://starwood.webcanada.com/sct/.

Don’t wait to apply for or renew your passport
http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html.

We are now soliciting proposals for the 2009 program sessions,
workshops, papers and special interest groups. As a reminder;

A *Session* is a 90 minute moderated session with 3 or 4 speakers at 20
minutes each followed by a facilitated brief question and answer period.

A *Special Interest Group* is a 60 to 90-minute informal facilitated
group discussion on topics related to a specific community within VRA.

A *Workshop* is a 3 to 4 hour workshop to develop skills and experience
in the field of Visual Resources.

General areas of interest include, but are not limited to: digital
photography; digital imaging and presentation technologies (including
still, moving and audio); strategic planning; the electronic classroom;
cataloging and metadata (including non-western, non-art, and special
topics cataloging); trend forecasting for the visual resources
profession and the expanding role of visual resources curatorship;
navigating the workplace and professional status; utilizing technology
in pedagogy; working with faculty and students in the digital age;
copyright and fair use, including international, academic, library and
museum-related copyright issues; visual resources in museums and
academic institutions; and introductory and mid-career topics to benefit
the range of our professionals. We are always looking for ways to round
out our programming and make it fresh and unique for our attendees, so
we also encourage submissions in VR-related areas not listed above.

In our post-conference survey we found that our members are particularly
interested in the following topics.

* Integrating art and non-art visual collections in an academic and/or
museum setting.

* Integrating still images with other information formats (such as audio
and video files); especially as VR collections are brought under the
administration of libraries.

* Health and Safety Issues for the VR Professional: Practical Ergonomics.

* Intellectual property Rights and Documentation in legacy visual
collections.

*The online proposal form can be found at
http://vraweb.org/conferences/2009Toronto/proposal.php*

Please note that the quality of our conferences depends upon your ideas
and contributions. The Board is looking for complete, concise and
articulate submissions with a full list of presenters and a budget
request, if needed. Be very specific about your audio-visual needs,
including whether your proposed session will require internet connectivity.

If there is an area of concern or interest that you feel has not been
addressed in previous programs, please consider submitting a proposal.
If you have questions about the process, please feel free to contact me
so that I can give you more information to complete your proposal, or
provide clarification regarding the various presentation formats
included within our program.

The proposal deadline is July 2, 2008. I look forward to receiving your
submissions.

Best regards, Vickie O’Riordan