Greetings,

As the person who is the main contact for Grove Art Online is quite often not the main user of Grove Art Online, I thought it might be useful for me to send a reminder to you all to confirm that Grove Art Online is indeed now available at Oxford Art Online (www.oxfordartonline.com) while still being available at www.groveart.com. The new site went live in March 2008 to give users an opportunity to preview the site, familiarize themselves with it, and set up new account preference options before the official cutover on July 1.  At the time, emails were sent to the account contact at all subscribing institutions. Emails were sent detailing cutover plans and editorial policies that underlie some of the changes you will see in Grove in its new home.

Another email is now going out to subscribers in advance of the cutover, so please do look to whomever handles the subscription accounts at your library or institution for more information. As planned, effective July 1, the old www.groveart.com site will be shut down, and all customers will automatically be redirected to the new www.oxfordartonline.com, where they can access the redesigned Grove Art Online.

As a reminder, if you’ve not already updated your URLs to www.oxfordartonline.com, all visitors to the old site (www.groveart.com) will automatically be redirected starting July 1stAny links to or bookmarks for specific articles on the old site will also redirect to the same article on the new site.

If you’ve not yet had a moment to explore the new site in depth, there is a link to tips for experienced Grove users on the What's New page (just go to www.oxfordartonline.com and click on "What's New" in the right-hand column).

For those attending ALA, do stop by the OUP booth #728 for Taylor Stang’s presentation on the new site. Show times are Saturday 28th at 11:00am, Sunday 29th at 2:00pm, and Monday 30th at 3:30pm.

We are striving to make this transition is as smooth as possible for everyoneso please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or issues regarding the changeover - or the new siteYour input is essential to helping us accurately prioritize our development plans, so I hope you will let me know what you think.

With all best wishes,

Amber

Amber Fischer
Senior Editor, Grove Dictionaries of Art/Oxford Art Online
Oxford University Press | 198 Madison Avenue | New York, NY 10016-4314
p: 212.743.8221 | f: 212.726.6448 | e:
[log in to unmask]  | http://www.oxfordartonline.com