My concern is what happens if/when it is no longer economically
feasible, organizationally practical, technologically possible, etc.,
for the auction houses to maintain/continue their digital repositories
and online access -- or when they decide this should be a fee-based/cost
recovery proposition.

We are planning on keeping our catalogs -- historical (18th-19th
century) and current year locally on site, all others off-site and
retrievable.

Cheers,

Peter Blank

I've mentioned to both Christie's and Sotheby's that I'd be interested
in getting a CD/DVD of their on-line catalogues even if we had to pay
for them.

Debbie

Deborah Barlow Smedstad
Head Librarian