Date:    Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:08:21 -0500
From:    "Frechette, Mary E." <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Art Journal article and CAA request to delete
So...how are you going to handle physically altering the issue to remove the offending section of the article (as well as the footnotes)?  Also, at some point a user will ask about the missing pages or text. Do you plan to include the CAA letter as documentation of why there is text missing or blocked? It seems like a prudent idea to me.
Kathy

Kathryn L. Corcoran

Library Services Director

Art Reference Library

Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute

310 Genesee St.

Utica NY 13403

(315) 797-0000 ext. 2228

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8D0C6.A7C1803C

I just happen to have received our letter on this today.

It indicates that a review in this issue by Joseph Massad, containing a
section relating to the book Palestinian Art by Gannit Ankori, resulted =
in a
legal complaint that it contained untrue statements and was defamatory.
After an investigation, CAA acknowledges that the review "contained =
factual
errors and certain unfounded assertions", and has apologized.  It will
publish an appropriate notice of such errata, has removed the offending
parts of the review (pp. 130-133)from "any website over which it has
control", and asks that subscribers remove the offending parts from any
public access.

Suzy

=A0
=A0