A quick update on the situation here.  The Arts campus is heavily flooded (see links below).  As far as I know, the Art Library (in the new Art Building West) has not had water in it (we are on the second floor) but there is significant flooding of the ground floor which means we will not be back in the building for quite awhile.  Much of the contents of the ground floor (including the Office of Visual Materials) was moved to a safe location on campus.
    I was relocated to the Main Library only to have that building be closed too.  We spent all day Friday the 13th moving materials up out of basement storage onto floors above. From unofficial "reports" this morning, there is some water in the basement but there is still electricity on -- which is really good news. Librarians are part of the "non-essential staff" who have been sent home for a week.  We are, not surprisingly, trying to figure out how to resume what services we can and where to locate them. Of course, much depends on what the University Administration decides--and when.
   My home email/internet connection is spotty but improving.  (Home, thankfully, is not affected by flood water.)
            Rijn

http://www.art.uiowa.edu/flood.html  (from Eric Dean, Curator of the OVM)

http://uiflood.blogspot.com/