>It is from part three of "Hopes and Fears for Art," "The Beauty of Life."
Much of Morris' "political" writings, which include the writings on art,
can be found on the Marxists Internet Archive:
http://www.marxists.org/archive/morris/works/index.htm  The quotation is:

Have nothing in your houses which you do not know to be useful or believe
to be beautiful.

Linda Zieper

Can anyone provide the citation for when the first time William Morris