[This message is being forwarded on behalf of Shelley Bernstein of the
Brooklyn Museum.]

Brooklyn Museum is trying to get the word out about Click! and we are
down to the last couple of weeks of the online evaluation period.  If
you've already spent some time doing this - many, many thanks.  If you
haven't, we'd love it if you could spare some time to evaluate
photographs submitted for this exhibition. It would also be helpful if
you'd pass the word along to others. We really need a diverse crowd and
that means we need evaluators with range of knowledge (including none!)
and varied geographic locations (including outside of Brooklyn!)  Here's
what all this is about:

Click! A Crowd-Curated Exhibition is a photography exhibition that
invites Brooklyn Museum's visitors, the online community, and the
general public to participate in the exhibition process. Taking its
inspiration from the critically acclaimed book The Wisdom of Crowds, in
which New Yorker business and financial columnist James Surowiecki
asserts that a diverse crowd is often wiser at making decisions than
expert individuals, Click! explores whether Surowiecki's premise can be
applied to the visual arts-is a diverse crowd just as "wise" at
evaluating art as the trained experts?

Now we need a diverse crowd. If you know everything about art or nothing
at all, we really need you to help us out. Create an account, log in and
evaluate some of the works that have been submitted during our open
call. Your participation will shape the exhibition, opening at the
Museum on June 27, 2008. Evaluation can take a while, but you can do as
little or as much as you want *and* you can log in anytime throughout
the eval period which ends May 23.

Register and get started here:
www.brooklynmuseum.org/exhibitions/click/
<http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/exhibitions/click/>

Thanks so much!

Shelley

Lily Pregill

Project Coordinator for NYARC ILS

Frick Art Reference Library

10 East 71st St., New York, NY 10021

tel. 919.533.1919

The NYARC ILS is a collaborative project of the Frick Art Reference
Library, and the libraries of The Museum of Modern Art and the Brooklyn
Museum.

computer.