All,
Evidently Corbis Images for Education: Historical Collection will no longer be available to libraries as of July 1. It will be made available for free to art and design departments/schools only- for free- in which the departments must manage access.  I'm concerned especially about this because researchers of all persuasions can and do use this database. It also contains the Bettman Archive that is not available elsewhere. The spirit of this seems very off-center to me.

What are your opinions on this? Does anyone on this list have insights as to real reasons for this change? Are there any image databases that you use that you feel are comparable? Bridgeman Educational images has been one suggestion.

Mo

Mo Dawley
Senior Librarian
Art and Drama Librarian