Greetings (with apologies for cross-posting),

I have been asked to create a short list of art historians who are very
"digitally engaged." Of course, one's first response is, "Who isn't?"

But rather than think of this question as a simple query as to who uses
digital media in their teaching and research but continues to operate
within the existing left-right image comparison pedagogic paradigm . . .

Do you know of or work with  art historians whose use of digital media
breaks -- or begins to fracture -- existing/traditional methods of teaching
or research in art history? I admit I have not been to a CAA conference in
years and feel a bit out of the loop. I suspect there have been some VRA,
ARLIS, CAA papers that touch on this.

    - Uses Google Earth and mapping systems, Second Life, or some sort of
metaverse to teach.
    - Creates portals that allow students and faculty to share image sets,
notes, messaging, etc, in some sort of live laboratory space that parallels
the classroom experience.
    - Etc. and so on . . .

Please provide a brief summary, post your responses directly to me, and I
will digest for the list(s).

Cheers,

Peter Blank