I am pleased to announce a forthcoming edition of The Philosophy of Umbrellas by Robert Louis Stevenson.

It will be published in the form of an umbrella in honor of Judith A. Hoffberg, Founder and Editor of Umbrella, which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year as the main resource for information about contemporary artists’ books, mail art and Fluxus. Judith suggested the Stevenson text for this edition.

No more need be said here about JAH because everyone in ARLIS knows her as co-founder of this organization in 1972.

Information and online ordering at http://minsky.com/umbrellas.htm

Pre-publication discount subscriptions are available now through Monday, April 14. Only four (4) copies of the Deluxe Edition are available at the pre-publication discount, and 20 copies of the Limited Edition. Tuesday, April 15, prices will increase.

LECTURE IN PHILADELPHIA THIS TUESDAY

Next week I will be in Philadelphia at the Borowsky Center of the University of the Arts as von Ness Visiting Artist.

On Tuesday, April 15 at 1:00 p.m., I will present a lecture in the series Improvise/Commit : Conversations on the Creative Process.
http://www.uarts.edu/inauguration/html/symp.html#tue

It is free and open to the public, but UArts would like you to R.S.V.P. as it is part of the Presidential Inauguration Symposia.

Best regards,
Richard