Standards Committee seeking new members

The Standards Committee facilitates and coordinates the development of ARLIS/NA standards.  Currently the major focus of the Committee is the Core Journals Project.  This project will result in a list of core journals that we recommend all art libraries have in their collection.  We anticipate releasing the first phase of the journals list in 2009.  Other upcoming initiatives include: canvassing ARLIS/NA membership for standards which may need to be created or reviewed; setting up a system to review, and update as necessary, the Digital Database Standards for Art Images; review and update the Standards webpage; and preparing for the transition to a new committee chair in 2009.

Please contact me off-list if you are interested in learning more, or joining the committee.

The Committee meeting will be at the 1876 restaurant in the conference hotel on Sunday from 12:30-2.
http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/images/hotels/denrd/1876menus1107.pdf
RSVP off-list if you plan on attending the meeting so I can update the restaurant reservations.

Regards,

-Aprille
Standards Committee, Chair

Aprille C. Nace