Dear Colleagues:  I have stewed about and searched for this and found nothing:  A patron here has seen “somewhere” that Gauguin had a female protégé who became an artist herself.  If this rings a bell with you, please let me know – with a source, natch.  Thanks! Jeri Byrne, Fine Arts, Beverly Hills Public Library

This message contains information which may be privileged,
confidential and intended only for the addressee. If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
reproduction of this communication, or any part thereof, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
advise the sender by reply E-mail and delete the message.