Christine et al,

A helpful website is the Denver Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau's downtown hotel listings at http://denver.org/Listings.aspx?SID=2&LID=140.  Please use caution--their definition of "downtown" is much broader than what is walkable to the Grand Hyatt.  Some of the hotels I identified from this list that would work in terms of distance are:

Adams Mark/Sheraton
1550 Court Pl

Comfort Inn Downtown
401 17th St

Courtyard by Marriott
934 16th St

Crowne Plaza
1450 Glenarm Pl

Residence Inn by Marriott
1725 Champa

Denver Marriott City Center
1701 California

Hotel Monaco
1717 Champa St

Magnolia Hotel
818 17th St

The Curtis
1405 Curtis St

I'd also recommend checking the hotels through different sites such as expedia.com or hotels.com to see if one offers lower rates than the other.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Tom Riedel
Local Arrangements Co-chair