DO YOU HAVE A RESEARCH PROJECT OR A COLLABORATION YOU LIKE YOU FELLOW ARCHITECTURE LIBRARIANS TO KNOW ABOUT?

WELL THEN JOIN THE SLAM!!!!

DON'T TAKE YOURSELF TOO SERIOUSLY, JOIN IN SOME HILARITY ;-)

A SLAM is a string of one-minute presentations of announcements which are intended to persuade your colleagues to spend more time with you discussing your research and/or potential collaborations during our informal reception following our business meeting.

Here's the process if you want to participate:
1. SLAM participants (those who have a research project or collaboration announcement) identify themselves to Patti Cossard <[log in to unmask]> before the Denver Conference

2. Prior to the conference, provide Patti with:
a) one paragraph description of your project or what type of collaboration is sought
b) one powerpoint slide of an image that is representative of the project

3. Prepare a one minute (maximum) oral presentation of project or call for collaboration…don't go over Patti will be manning a "gong" which will mean your time is up!

Prior to our Section meeting on Saturday May 3, 5-6pm, Patti will collate descriptions, assign participant a spot in the meeting room for longer conversation with interested colleagues and create a handout for section meeting attendees so they can find you!

Patti will also collate slides into one power point presentation and will organize the slide show during your one minute presentation.

At the section meeting, SLAM Participants will be lined up in the order of their reception spots.

Remember Patti will be [wo]manning the gong and will be doing her best to bring a creative certain sense of hilarity to the event ;-)

Thanks,
Patti Cossard
Vice-moderator, Architecture Section

Patricia Kosco Cossard, M.A., M.L.S.
Architecture, Planning, and Preservation Librarian
University of Maryland Libraries
College Park, MD 20742
(301) 405-6316 office
(301) 314-9583 fax