From: Judith Gustafson
Sent: Mar 15, 2008 2:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] cataloging auction catalogs

    Hi all,

  I am a library student volunteering at Loyola University Museum of Art in Chicago in helping to set up their library (Solomon Cordwell Buenz Sacred Art and Architecture Library).  We are about to begin cataloging our auction catalogs and I would like to find out how other libraries arrange their auction catalogs.  It seems that a couple libraries that I know of catalog by auction date, but does anyone do it by subject matter?  One of the staff people here would like to have them arranged by subject (e.g. all Old Master Paintings together, etc.), which I am not sure would be practical.  Any advise?

  Thanks,

  Judy Gustafson