Since posting the news of the death of our friend and colleague, Helene E. Roberts, Senior Editor of Visual Resources, I have received many requests for more information about any arrangements being made to commemorate her life.  A private memorial will take place on the weekend of March 22, 2008, in Hanover, NH.  Her husband, David Roberts, may be reached at 80 Lyme Rd. #331, Hanover, NH 03755.

I am also pleased to report that I have created a web page to honor Helene and her many professional accomplishments linked from the Visual Resources journal page at http://www.mindspring.com/~sundt-vr/HeleneRoberts.htm

Another recent development is a project initiated and coordinated by Julie Codell who has proposed a Festschrift in Helene's honor.  Julie has asked me to announce that she will be putting together an anthology of essays on topics which were central to Helen's scholarship--visual resources, the archive, iconography, the art press--and would be happy to talk with anyone interested in contributing. This will most likely be published as a special issue in Visual Resources and possibly as a separate hardcover book through Taylor & Francis/Routledge.  I am still working on arrangements and logistic regarding publication.  In the meantime, if you would like to be part of this tribute to Helene, please contact Julie:

Julie F. Codell
Professor, Art History
c/o School of Art, MC 1505
Arizona State University