GREAT NEWS!  Only two weeks into open registration and THE SUMMER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR VISUAL RESOURCES AND IMAGE MANAGEMENT 2008 has already registered half the class!  While registration is not scheduled to close until April, it appears that we may be filled long before that date. So if you were planning to attend, but were thinking about waiting, I would reconsider because we will close registration once we reach our maximum of 45 registrants.  If you have any questions just contact us, we will be happy to assist you.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE SUMMER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR VISUAL RESOURCES AND IMAGE MANAGEMENT TO BE OFFERED IN JULY 2008.

The Art Libraries Society/North America (ARLIS/NA) and the Visual Resources Association (VRA) are pleased to announce that registration for the fifth Summer Educational Institute (SEI) for Visual Resources and Image Management is now open.

The 2008 Summer Educational Institute will be held at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA, from July 7 through July 13, 2008.  It is an intensive 5-day workshop intended to provide instruction in visual resources and image collection management.  ARLIS/NA and VRA have developed a special curriculum to provide intensive training in these areas--training that is often not found in library and information science degree programs.  The Summer Educational Institute will be relevant for beginning visual resources professionals as well as experienced professionals requiring new skills and knowledge.  Instructors will be drawn from professionals in the field of visual resources and library and information science.  Tuition will be $675 for ARLIS/NA and VRA members and $725 for non-members.  Reasonably priced accommodations in a James Madison University dorm will be available for approximately
$31 a night with A/C.  A cafeteria-style meal plan will also be offered at approximately $22 per day.

While the curriculum will continue to evolve, the basic course offerings will remain the same. Information on instructors, syllabus, accommodations, and registration procedures will be available on our website soon. Until the SEI 2008 website is available you can still reference the SEI 2007 site at http://www.vraweb.org/seiweb/curriculum.html

To register click on this link: https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quickForm/viewForm.do?orgId=vra&formId=38170

Contacts (Summer Educational Institute Implementation Committee Co-Chairs):

Amy Lucker

Library Director

Institute of Fine Arts

New York University