Dear ARLIS/NA Members,

Since becoming your president, I have communicated to you on ARLIS-L with messages about every 2-3 months. If you missed any or would like to refer back to them, please go to the News & Events link from the ARLIS/NA website:  http://www.arlisna.org/news/news_index.html#prez

This month there are a few items of business that I want to call to your attention.

***Membership Renewal Confirmations***
Headquarters has had staffing issues this past year. While they have been working hard to eliminate much impact of this situation, it is becoming apparent with the fact that many of you who renewed your memberships since December may not have received a confirmation. In my latest conversation with Greg Mcpherson of McphersonClarke, he suggested that we should expect to receive confirmations by the end of this week. Regrettably, the renewal process is effecting the timing of the introduction of MemberClicks - the new ARLIS/NA database/directory - which was expected to be presented by mid-January. We are more than a month off schedule but they are working to have it operational, I hope, very soon.

The Executive Board has been working to see that McphersonClarke continues to manage their administrative responsibilities for ARLIS/NA as contracted. We are, also, working to maintain a positive relationship with McPhersonClarke through their staffing challenges. We thank you - ARLIS/NA Members - for your understanding and patience.

***Bylaws Ballots***
Please vote on the Bylaw changes proposed in the ballot that you should have recently received in the mail. Your ARLIS/NA Secretary, Rebecca Price, sent an email to ARLIS-L this past Friday, February 15th, with the subject Bylaws Ballot Correction. She asked that you please DISREGARD question number 5. This was included in the ballot in error but is not an issue we are ready to make a decision on at this time.

***Denver Conference***
Register now for the ARLIS/NA 36th Annual Conference May 1- 5, 2008, reserve a room at the beautiful hotel, ad make sure you get a spot in the workshops and tours. If you renewed your membership but have not received a confirmation and would like to register for the conference at the member rate, do not hesitate to email or call McphersonClarke at 800-817-0621-3001 or [log in to unmask]

Conference Website:
http://arlisna-mw.lib.byu.edu/denver2008/
Registration:
http://arlisna-mw.lib.byu.edu/denver2008/registration.htm

Please feel free to contact me anytime with any comments, questions, or concerns.

All my best,
Deborah K. Ultan Boudewyns, ARLIS/NA President

Deborah K. Ultan Boudewyns
Art History & Performing Arts Librarian
University of Minnesota, Wilson Library
[log in to unmask], 612.625.6438