Hi everyone, I thought I should send a quick note to share my good news - since a certain job ad will be sent over the list soon.  In May, I will start my new job heading the Sloane Art Library at UNC Chapel Hill (http://www.lib.unc.edu/art/).

Regarding the position at Virginia Tech - our librarians have great benefits, including ample support for professional development activities. The department of Architecture was recently ranked #1 in the nation by Design Intelligence for its undergraduate program.  Blacksburg is an excellent town, in a beautiful place, filled with great people.  My husband and I have found that it’s very easy to develop a close community of friends here – especially if you hang out in one of B’burg’s local coffee shops often.

Just a few highlights from the area:

Down the road in Roanoke, the regional art museum is getting a new home:  http://www.artmuseumroanoke.org/index.php?do=the_future

Our town has a great farmer’s market – good place to meet people:   http://www.bbfarmersmarket.org/index.php

Easy place for bicycling, hiking and walking.  One of my favorite in-town trails is the Huckleberry:  http://www.huckleberrytrail.org/

Here’s a link to a new local mag on the arts in B’burg:  http://www.16blocksmagazine.com/

So stay tuned – the ad will be posted sometime this month.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Denver!

Heather Gendron

Head - Art & Architecture Library

Virginia Tech

302 Cowgill Hall (mailing address)

Building 170, Surge Building (temp address)

Blacksburg, VA 24061