Did you know that Denver was once a barren, treeless plain?  Every tree that you see now was planted by residents who wanted to transform Denver into a green oasis on the Platte River.  Our Denver Botanic Gardens (a tour stop) was once the site of a cemetery!  Learn more about the landscape architects and visionary citizens who were instrumental in creating our beautiful city.  Local expert Carolyn Etter will entertain you with interesting stories of how Denver became green while you visit our parks and neighborhoods.

This tour will be offered on both Thursday, May 1 from 1:00 - 5:00 pm and on Friday, May 2 from 8:30 am to 12 noon.  Don't miss it!

Nancy Simon
Tours Coordinator