It is with deep sadness and a heavy heart that I report the death of our dear colleague and friend, Helene E. Roberts, on 22 February 2008, in Hanover, NH, as a result of a fatal heart attack. Helene had been in failing health for the past year but she was still actively involved as Senior Editor of Visual Resources since passing the baton of leadership to me in 2005.  She was VR's editor for over twenty years during and after her tenure as head of Harvard's Visual Collections.  She was a prolific writer and reader and the recipient of numerous awards. She is survived by her husband, David, and two cats.

A memorial service is being planned but information is still a bit sketchy.  When more information is available, I will post it to this list.

Our brilliant colleague and gentle friend will be missed.

--
Christine L. Sundt
Visual Resources