All,

I was just asked by a faculty member if I could come up with a list of 20th C individuals who practiced all three above -- on a professional level. That is, practicing architect, published poet, and recognized painter.

We came up with 4 names:

Kurt Schwitters
Le Corbusier
Van Doesburg
Gio Ponti

The "poet" part is causing the most difficulty.

The question is too good to keep to myself. Added assistance is most welcome.

It's a no pressure kind of situation. This faculty member is not trying to create the definitive list on the topic. It just seemed a sort of puzzling yet fun way to end the day.

You are welcome to write to me directly. I promise to create a list for this list.

Martha

Martha Walker
Fine Arts Librarian
Sibley Dome