Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. Message

Dear Friends:

We are trying to ascertain the book which included two loose engraved plates that we have, which show the Barberini Vase, now known as the Portland Vase.

One is marked 60, and has at the top "Vasis ex acha [space] te pars prior", and at the bottom "In tesauro Barbeino", with "S-1" in the lower right hand.  it shows a full view of the Portland Vase, with three male figures, and a cupid above the middle (seated figure).

The other, marked 62, has at the top "Vasis pars inferior".  The middle is the circular base, with the hooded individual facing the viewer's right.  At the bottom is the caption "Ex Achate in Thesauro Barberino".  It is signed P. S. Barcolus Sculpsit, and also has "S-1".

I believe that they are from:  La Chausse, Michel Ange de.  Romanum museum, sive, Thesaurus eruditae antiquitatis...  There are 3 editions of this, 1690, 1707 and 1746.  (We had found them laid in another book)

We are planning to use them in a display of library materials which relate to our upcoming special exhibition "Reflecting Antiquity: Modern Glass Inspired by Ancient Rome".

If anyone can assist me in this, it would be greatly appreciated, and I could fax photocopies of the plates, if this would be helpful.

Thank you.

Gail Bardhan
Reference Librarian
The Corning Museum of Glass