Pratt Institute, School of Information & Library Science
is pleased to announce its 5th Summer Institute in Florence,
"Florentine Art & Culture, Research and Documentation," a 3-credit, 3-week
course, May 26-June 13, 2008.
We are now accepting applications.
This year's Florence program promises to be more exciting than ever owing to
a number of new aspects that enrich and broaden the student experience. The
course will be taught by Professor Anthony Caradonna, distinguished faculty
of Pratt's School of Architecture and of its long-established Rome program,
working with Prof. Giannini, Dean of Pratt-SILS. Now, as an
interdisciplinary course, we are collaborating with Pratt's School of
Architecture brought together by the broad program theme, "I-ARTE"
(Information, Art, Research, Technology and Education). Students have the
option of a 3-day trip to Rome guided by Prof. Caradonna and a 2-day trip to
Bologna, historic city of learning, art and libraries and universities.
We invite applications from graduate students in LIS, art and architecture,
history of art, library and museum professionals and art educators.
Please visit the Florence Web site for detailed information and an
application form.
http://pratt.edu/~lis-dean/Florence.html
Tula Giannini, PhD, MLS, MM
Dean, Pratt-SILS