I believe that this is your ad: http://www.chron.com/class/val03/scents.html

If so, it seems to be modeled after Prinet's "Kreutzer Sonata", shown here:
http://www.artnet.com/Artists/LotDetailPage.aspx?lot_id=810CEA47E82042B6

Hope that helps!

-Rebecca Cooper

On Jan 31, 2008 3:23 PM, Stan Shiebert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Colleagues:
Tabu perfume had an advertisement at one time which depicted a violinist grabbing hold of his female accompanist. He is facing us, with his violin still in his left hand. She had risen from the piano stool. Is this based on an actual painting, and if so where can we can we find a copy.
Thanks for any assistance,
Stan Shiebert
Arts Dept
Seattle Public Library