Society Circle reception in Denver

Dear Membership,

Your planning committee for the Denver conference has secured a wonderful venue for the forthcoming Society Circle reception.  The locale is a destination of some note, the home of Frederick and Jan Meyer, who are collectors and devoted patrons of the arts in Denver and beyond.  Deemed "urban pioneers" for building their town home in an area previously lacking in single-family dwellings, they have created a space of serenity which houses their collections and simultaneously responds to the urban context in which they are situated.  The Red House, as is it is commonly known, is conveniently situated within walking distance of the conference hotel!  Objects on view during our reception will include works by American masters Sol Lewitt, George Inness, and Milton Avery to name just a few.  For additional details, see this NYTimes article from 1999: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F03E6DE103FF930A25756C0A96F958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1

The reception is planned for Thursday, May 1 from 6-8 p.m.  Our hosts have requested that we limit the number of attendees to 50 individuals.  Considering the size of this event in comparison to previous years, we want you to be aware that we plan to get a head count in advance of the event.  We'll send messages beginning in February to each level of the Circle, starting with those at the Founder's ($1000 and above), then President's ($500-999), Patron's ($200-499), and Member of the Circle ($100-199) until we reach the noted capacity.

We strongly encourage each of you to renew your membership now (http://www.arlisna.org/join.html) and to make the committment to join the Society Circle for 2008, which you can easily do as a part of your renewal.  Aside from the perk of attending what we anticipate will be a memorable event, membership in the Circle is a way to show your support for ARLIS/NA and its future.

Respectfully,

Jon

Jon Evans
Reference Librarian