Hello,
  I would like to know how other Museum Libraries handle the issue of insurance coverage for the contents of their Library.  The art in our Musuem is coverd under a special policy and the building itself is covered under another policy.  As it stands now, the contents of the Library would be covered under the building policy with no separate value assigned to the Library.   We realize the Library needs its own coverage with a unique value assigned to the Library's contents, especially in view of the collections increasing value.  I know many art libraries assign an average value of $100.00 per book in order to get a ball park number. Is that value still accepted?  I would greatly appreciate in learning how other Museum libraries handle this issue; please respond to me off-list.  Thank you so much for your collective wisdom!
Debby
Deborah Smock Aframe, Librarian
Worcester Art Musuem
55 Salisbury St.