From: Wolfe, Paula
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 8:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: authentication for art objects: what do you tell patrons

I have an art appraiser for the Antique Road Show wanting to know good
sites to guide people in how to authenticate art items. She has asked me
to give her Web sites that help people. I am not familiar with this area
and if anyone could help I'd appreciated it.

She also has a sculpture, in silver, of Catherine in Alexandria she
thinks is from the Renaissance or a 17th century copy. Any help on where
I go to authenticate this for her? I really am not involved in this
field. Any help or advice is appreciated.
Thanks for reading this.
Paula Wolfe
University of Arizona