I'm pleased to announce that all pre-publication copies of SLART have been shipped, and new orders will generally be filled within one business day.

Full information, photos of the Limited and Deluxe editions, and order forms are at
http://minsky.com/orderform-subscription-slart.htm

SLART is the first printed publication about the art being created in the metaverse, the 3D immersive virtual world of Second Life. It includes interviews with the premier artists in this new medium as well as full color views of the artworks, and provides permanent documentation of the primary innovators who are exploring technologies that enable the creation and marketing of artworks that are not possible on Earth.

To date over 9 million registered users have signed up for Second Life, and at any given time about 40,000 people are simultaneously online.

It is a full color publication archivally printed in high resolution digital offset, and is available in a Limited Edition of 100 signed and numbered copies and a Deluxe Edition of 10 copies bound in lizard grained cowhide (a cow wearing a lizard avatar?). Is this an artist's book or an art book? I see it as both, much in the way my book on American Decorated Publishers' Bindings, 1872-1929 is both an artist's book and an art history book.

The body of my paper on "The Artworld Market of Second Life" is included in SLART. If you would like a free copy of this article on the Business of Art, with appendices, it is available as a PDF download. About 5,000 copies have been downloaded since I presented the paper at the SLCC convention in Chicago on August 25. It shows how the art market (and by extension, all markets for all objects, since it is all art) in the virtual world differs from real world markets (my academic background is in Economics):
http://slartmagazine.com/

Best regards,
Richard