Also in connection with the email below can you suggets some selection aids that I can use.

Penelope

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Penelope Nottage <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Dec 10, 2007 11:37 AM
Subject: opening collection for art library
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello,

I have the task of setting up a reference library/reading room for the National Art Gallery of the Bahamas.

I have just graduated with my MLIS in August and am kind of new to library work having just changed careers.  I have some experience working in the public library setting.
I would like some ideas from members of the list on what to include in an opening collection for a small art library in a Caribbean country, especially reference items such as dictionaries, encyclopedias and the like.
Users will be mainly students from the College of the Bahamas, local artists, and art teachers from the high schools and elementary schools.

Penelope Nottage
National Art Gallery of the Bahamas