Dear all,

I just received a very informative email from Ron Miller at H. W. Wilson regarding their Art Museum Image Gallery: they have indeed added content to the old AMICO collections, particularly from French collections.  So the Tuileries images I mention are only available from Wilson.  Here is from his note:

Dear Mr. Wolf,

I am glad to discover that you are finding the Art Museum Image Gallery on WilsonWeb useful in your teaching. It is with great pleasure that I point out that all of our Tuileries Palace images are Wilson’s own unique additions to the old AMICO Library collection that are not available in the other former AMICO distributors’ collections. Please note that we have recently added over 62,000 additional images, with complete bibliographic records, to the existing images from the original AMICO collection.

The WilsonWeb Art Museum Image Gallery now has over 155,000 images, effectively 50% more images than any of the former AMICO library distributors are providing. Of particular note is the international nature of much of our new content. For example, all of the Tuileries Palace images that you discovered come from Bibliotheque des Arts Decoratifs Paris. A list located at http://www.hwwilson.com/Databases/ArtMuseumList.pdf provides a view of the over 1,800 new international contributors to the Wilson Art Museum Image Gallery.

If you have further questions, I suggest you ask Ron Miller at H. W. Wilson ([log in to unmask]) I hope this information is useful.

Best,

EW

Eric M. Wolf

Director of the Library