Dear colleagues:

Once again, I would like to call upon your collective wisdom and this time the topic is self-check out.   We are in a curious situation because -  although we do not circulate outside of the library -  we are trying to implement an automated self-check out system that would allow our students to "check out" books to their reserve shelves on-site.  My main motivation for doing this is so we can gather usage statistics for our collection (at the moment, we use the "Warburg Card" system that works for circulation but doesn't allow for statistics).

We are looking into the QuickCheck system by Sentry.  Do any of you out there have experience with this software?  Our ILS is III Millennium and I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has been down this road before.

Many thanks,

Heather Topcik
Chief Librarian
Bard Graduate Center Library