Dear Colleagues,

As long-standing members of ARLIS/NA we have witnessed the great contributions in time, energy and commitment that individuals give to the profession.  This year, we wish to celebrate an individual who has given the highest level of service to ARLIS/NA or the profession with the Distinguished Service Award.  The nominations for this award must come from you, the membership, so we ask that you consider who is worthy of the award and able to meet the criteria as described on the ARLIS/NA website:

http://www.arlisna.org/about/awards/dsa/dsa_guidelines.html

From the website: The Distinguished Service Award honors an individual of any country whose exemplary service in art librarianship, visual resources curatorship, or a related field, has made an outstanding national or international contribution to art information and/or art librarianship. Past winners of the DSA award are:

2006, no award made

2005, presented 2006: Sherman Clarke

2004, presented 2005: Nancy S. Schuller

2003, presented 2004: Angela Giral

2002, presented 2003: Nancy Allen

2001, presented 2002: Betty Jo Kish Irvine

2000: no award made

1999, presented 2000: Pamela J. Parry

1998, presented 1999: Toni Petersen

1997, presented 1998: William Dane

1996, presented 1997: Lois Swan Jones

1995: no award made

1994, presented 1995: Mary Williamson

1993: no award made

1992, presented 1993: Luraine Tansey

1991, presented 1992: William B. Walker

1990, presented 1991: Jacqueline Viaux

1989, presented 1990: Wolfgang M. Freitag

1988, presented 1989: Caroline Backlund

1987: Antje B. Lemke

1986: Bernard Karpel

Help us to honor a colleague who has given so much of themselves to our voluntary organization by nominating them for this important award.  The deadline for nominations this year is Wednesday, January 9, 2008. The time to begin the process is now!  Please see the website for guidelines on the nominating process.

Sincerely,

The 2007 Distinguished Service Award Committee:

Sherman Clarke

Janine Henri

Trudy Jacoby

Betsy Peck Learned, Chair