The Fall meeting of the ARLIS DC-MD-VA chapter will be held on November 15-16, 2007 in Washington D.C.

We’ll be focusing on newly renovated libraries and archival centers!

On Thursday afternoon, November 15, we will meet at Dumbarton Oaks for a tour of the newly renovated library. Afterward we will convene at a restaurant in Georgetown for drinks.

On Friday November 16 we will meet at the newly renovated Phillips Collection Library for a tour of the facilities, and to hear about the first library automation system for the Phillips Collection Library. We will also hold a Chapter business meeting.  After lunch at Dupont Circle the group will take Metro to the Luce Foundation and the Lunder Conservation Center at the Smithsonian's American Art Museum.

Here are links to the libraries and centers included in the Fall meeting:
Dumbarton Oaks
http://www.doaks.org/

The Phillips Collection Library
http://www.phillipscollection.org/html/library.html

The Luce Foundation at the Smithsonian American Art Museum
http://americanart.si.edu/luce/index.cfm

The Lunder Conservation Center at the Smithsonian American Art Museum
http://americanart.si.edu/lunder/index.cfm

If you would like specific information about the meeting, please contact Kathy Woodrell, ARLIS DC-MD-VA Chapter Chair, at [log in to unmask] .

If you would like to attend the gathering, please RSVP to Yuki Hibben at [log in to unmask] by Tuesday, November 13, 2007.
Please indicate whether you are coming on Thursday (11/15) for the tour of Dumbarton Oaks Library, or whether you plan to attend Friday (11/16) only.

Kathy Woodrell