This message came across my desk today and I thought it might be of
interest to other ARLIS-NA members.  Please excuse any duplication!

Laurel Bliss
chair, Diversity Committee

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
November Webinar: Recruiting for Diversity
Tuesday, November 20
1:00-2:30pm EST (New York time)
Many libraries are struggling to make their workforce reflect the
diverse population of patrons they serve. Join us on for a special
ninety-minute webinar to learn about recruiting and building a
multicultural workforce. Guest speakers Loida Garcia-Febo, Queens
Library, Tracie Hall, Assistant Dean, Dominican University GSLIS, Luis
Chaparro, REFORMA President-Elect, and Jerome Offord, Jr., Director of
Diversity Initiatives for the Association of Research Libraries will
share library recruitment best practices, tips and success stories.
For more information on the webinar series, visit Spanish Outreach -
In Depth (http://webjunction.org/do/Navigation?category=15431) where
you'll find a schedule of future sessions, instructions for joining
the online webinars, archives of the sessions, and related resources.