The University of Hawai'i Press wishes to announce that vol. 57 (2007) of the Asia Society's journal Archives of Asian Art will be appearing from UH Press in about 3 months time. Vol. 56 (2006) was published by Brepols earlier this year. We have not been able to obtain a full list of subscribers, so we ask any subscribers on this list who have not yet renewed for 2007 to contact our circulation manager at <[log in to unmask]>. Ebsco has subscribed for about 100 institutions so far, but we have not heard from other subscription agents yet.

We apologize for the delay, most of which is due to the inevitable extra steps involved in the transition to a new publisher, most notably a redesign in this case. To find out more and get a preview of the forthcoming issue, please follow the links below.

Archives of Asian Art homepage
http://www.uhpress.hawaii.edu/journals/asianart/
Archives of Asian Art, vol. 57, table of contents
http://uhpjournals.wordpress.com/2007/10/15/archives-of-asian-art-vol-57-2007/

Finally, we would like to solicit feedback from any of you on two further contemplated changes in the venerable Archives of Asian Art.
1. The Archives has not so far included abstracts of each article. Most of our other journals include abstracts, and some also include keywords. Would librarians find it helpful for us to publish abstracts with each article and to include those abstracts when we publish tables of contents on the web? I think abstracts can be very helpful when indexed by search engines in getting the word out to general readers.
2. We would like to publish an electronic edition of the Archives, but are worried that the difficulty of getting permission to publish images in enduring online archives may force us to withhold many images from the online edition, thus defeating a principal purpose of the journal. The attitudes of some key museums seem to be shifting to accommodate the needs of digital publications. Is this still likely to remain a major hurdle?

Joel
--
Joel Bradshaw
Journals Manager